As the world continues to navigate the impact and uncertainty of COVID-19, we are committed to making choices in the best interest of our associates, customers, partners, consumers, and the communities in which we work and live. Their collective health and safety remain our top priority.
Throughout our 139-year history, we’ve navigated tough times before, from economic depressions and recessions to world wars. Once again, we will get through this difficult period and emerge a stronger society and company by working together as the foundation for our success.
Our Global Preparedness Team continues to monitor the developing situation and implement appropriate actions to mitigate risk to our employees, communities, and customers. Under the leadership of this team, and following guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, other public health experts, and local and federal government agencies, the following are some of the measures we have implemented over the past few weeks:
- Travel restrictions as well as visitor and self-quarantine policies;
- Distributed work model that allows associates to work from home, when possible;
- Education and implementation of social distancing practices at facilities with employees on-site;
- Select closure of facilities to align with directives from state and local governments;
- Increased cleaning, handwashing and sanitizing; and
- Enhanced our leave policies to support associates who need to self-quarantine or are infected with COVID-19.
In addition, we are actively working with our partners across many industries to leverage our collective production, textile, and supply chain capabilities to help address some of the critical needs of our medical community. Together we are more powerful, and through collaboration with healthcare agencies, hospitals, and other groups we are able to make a greater impact.
We have a history of coming together and being at our very best in difficult times, and this will be no exception. Compassion, focus and a fighting spirit characterize us and will shine through as we come together to battle through this crisis.
We appreciate your continued partnership, and wish you well.
C. G. "Leib" Oehmig, IV
President & CEO